Thursday, September 25, 2008

They keep dragging me back in

Every fall, I feel like Michael Corleone. During the summer, I have grand plans.

I have daydreams of ditching the TV. It's a big time and brain sucker. Imagine what little geniuses we would have running around, if they were kept from the boob tube. Imagine the books I could read. Imagine the conversations we'd have around the dinner table. Imagine the game nights. Imagine the quiet.

Heck, the only shows D and I watch in the summer, and most of the rest of the year, are The Daily Show and the Colbert Report. And we watch those online, since we ditched cable when we started living on a student budget.

Then the end of September rolls around. And the fall sweeps hit. And I remember how much I like The Office, My Name Is Earl, and Pushing Daisies. And I start to think that maybe, just maybe, literature, learning, and culture are overrated. At least on Wednesday and Thursday nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home